ViewRanger for Apple Watch
Discover, download, and follow outdoor routes — all on your wrist.
- Find route guides within a mile radius of your GPS location.1
- Send routes (and related offline maps) from your iPhone to Apple Watch.
- Follow turn-by-turn directions, photographs, and route facts shared by top publishers.
- See your GPS location along route.
- Record your hike, walk, or bike ride.2
- View time, altitude, distance, elevation gain/loss, and GPS coordinates.
- Get an instant summary of your recorded outdoor activities.
- Recording track also fills in Move, Exercise and Stand rings in the Activity app. Sync with Apple Health.
- Stream any map type from ViewRanger on iPhone to Apple Watch.3
- See GPS location in Map-only mode.
- Zoom and pan maps as you go.
- View offline maps when following a route.
- Follow driving directions to your route’s starting point via Apple Maps.
- Explore offline without a WiFi or data connection.4
Explore more. Download ViewRanger onto your Apple Watch.
ViewRanger for Apple Watch requires an iPhone with a WiFi or data connection for installation and set-up. Also requires the latest ViewRanger app (9.3.0 or later).
1 Viewing routes near you requires a Bluetooth-paired iPhone or an Apple Watch with cellular connection.
2 Track recording requires a Bluetooth connection between Apple Watch and iPhone. The phone app records the track; the watch app shows track stats and GPS position on the map.
3 Live-stream any map displayed on your iPhone or any offline map saved on your iPhone. Requires a Bluetooth connection. The only offline maps stored on Apple Watch are offline maps downloaded with route guides.
4 Offline use requires users to save offline maps and route guides onto iPhone and/or Apple Watch.