It’s now faster and easier to plan your own routes in the ViewRanger app.
Do you prefer creating your own trails? Can’t find the exact GPS route for your next trip?
Then check out the all-new route plotting tool in the ViewRanger app. Our team has completely revamped how you manually plot, drag, and insert points on a map. Do it all on your iPhone and iPad today. Coming later this summer to Android.
Create your next hike, walk, or bike ride now.
CREATE A ROUTE
1. Launch the free ViewRanger app. Log in with your ViewRanger account.
2. Go to Map Screen.
3. Tap (+) in the lower right corner.
4. Select Plot a Route.
5. Find your start point on the Map. Then press and hold on map to add points along your route. Tip: Move and place the waypoint in the lower main map area. See the point's exact position in the top Magnify Window.
6. Hit Save when finished.
7. Add Route Name and Description. The route is saved to your profile. Hit Save.
EDIT OR DELETE A WAYPOINT ALONG YOUR ROUTE
2. Select Edit or Delete.
3. When editing, add a waypoint name or description. You can change the waypoint icon and GPS coordinates too.
4. To move a waypoint, press then drag it to a new location.
INSERT A WAYPOINT ALONG YOUR ROUTE
1. Press on the route line between two waypoints to insert another point.
2. Drag the point to its location on the map.
FOLLOW ROUTE1. Your route is created. When ready, go to your Profile page.
2. Select Routes tab.
3. Find your route. Select “Start Route.” Follow on-screen directions.
Happy planning. Got questions or comments? Let us know.