ViewRanger, the outdoor discovery app, continues its push into the smartwatch space by becoming the official outdoor navigation partner of Casio’s WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch, which made its debut at CES 2016 this week.
ViewRanger started breaking ground in the Android Wear range in June 2014 with the launch of its smartwatch app, making it one of the first apps to be available on the Android Wear platform. The app now comes pre-installed on Casio’s new Smart Outdoors Watch, which has been designed and created specifically for the outdoors user. With water resistance to 50 meters and built to military standard specifications, the new watch provides you with your ViewRanger route information, such as navigation guidance, track distance, speed travelled, and information on height gained and lost, straight from your wrist.
The WSD-F10 offers a wealth of useful original applications for outdoor activities such as trekking, cycling, and fishing and offers the same ease of use as an everyday watch, including ensuring the operating buttons can easily be operated with gloves on.
Of the new device and their partnership with ViewRanger, a Casio spokesperson said: “We believe the WSD-F10 is perfectly positioned for outdoor enthusiasts, and we want to showcase apps on the device that enhance the outdoor user experience. ViewRanger is a great outdoor navigation app so the partnership was a no-brainer.”
It’s the watch we’ve been waiting for.
Find out more about the WSD-F10 at Casio’s official site: http://wsd.casio.com/
Key features of the ViewRanger smartwatch app include:
• Navigation guidance including navigation arrow and positioning coordinates (longitude and latitude, Ordnance Survey grid reference and Universal Transverse Mercator)
• Tracks distance, speed travelled, and height gained and lost
• Displays current altitude, and plots on an altitude profile graph
• GPS track recording using the start, pause and stop controls
• Improved data and navigation screen, making it easier to follow a route or see important information such as distance or speed travelled
• Supports Android Wear “always-on” which allows the ViewRanger app to be permanently available, even when the watch goes into power-save mode
• Can be used offline – does not require a data connection (Bluetooth connection is required with a compatible phone)