V4 of ViewRanger Outdoors GPS for Apple iPhone and iPad
ViewRanger V4 for Apple iPhone and iPad is finally here, featuring an all-new user interface that has been optimised to make it easier and more intuitive to plan, navigate, track and share your outdoor adventures ‘on the go’.
This upgrade has benefited from the feedback of our awesome global user community - thank you. We've listened to feedback from occasional walkers, long-distance hikers, bike enthusiasts, horse-riders, Antarctic explorers, mountain rescue teams, and many more.
Although we originally designed ViewRanger to rival the best dedicated GPS devices, the added benefit of being on a phone is that you also have access to a camera and an increasing variety of apps and social media. So we have further developed the app to exploit this social dimension.
For example you can ‘favourite’ other ViewRanger users and share information about good walks, recommended trails or find nearby accommodation all from within the app.
ViewRanger also allows you to create a ‘trip story’, which displays your route along with any geotagged photos and tweets. This can then be shared with friends or fellow enthusiasts who can comment and ‘like’ the trip on Facebook and Twitter or from myviewranger.com.
Key features of the update
• New home menu, accessed by a finger swipe
• New design for map screen and menus
• New Action Bar enabling rapid interaction with POIs, Routes and Waypoints
• New Activity Feed for simple discovery of your friend's latest adventures
• Improved tools to find and download Route Guides
• Improved route and waypoint plotting tools
• All-new trip view for recording tracks with fully configurable trip statistics
• Speed and distance while viewing the map
• In-app sharing of recorded tracks on social media such as Facebook and twitter
More Screenshots from ViewRanger V4 on Apple iPhone