- - Free online maps such as OpenStreetMap and Open Cycle Map can be downloaded and viewed.
- - Create folders for managing groups of routes and tracks.
- - GPS interface is simpler to use, gives a faster initial result and makes better use of multiple GPS/location sources.
- - On touch screen phones tap twice to zoom in.
- - On touch screen phones the buttons slide off screen after a few seconds of inactivity.
- - Textual search for routes - it searches the name, description and provider.
- - Support for new style Retrieva collar messages, which will be used soon.
- - Reports Retrieva alert messages, such as leaving base station range.
Full details of the changes are in the release notes.
The beta is available to download from www.viewranger.com/vrbeta. However, the beta must be signed for your phone before it can be installed. If you have not yet registered to use the beta, or if you have changed phone since you last registered, please email your phone's model name (e.g. N97) and IMEI number (which you can get by dialling *#06#) to support. We update the beta each day and will let you know when it is ready for you.