We’re very excited to announce that ViewRanger has teamed up with Harvey Maps to make specialist walking maps for the UK’s most popular outdoor regions available on mobile devices.
Harvey’s waterproof printed maps have achieved cult status with hillwalkers over the past 40 years as a result of their highly-detailed and easy-to-read format that’s designed specifically for outdoor enthusiasts. And their arrival on the ViewRanger platform makes Harvey Maps instantly available to millions of smartphone and smartwatch users worldwide.
The combination of ViewRanger’s GPS navigation and Harvey’s trusted mapping allows you to easily access all the tools you need to explore the UK’s hills and mountains with confidence. Harvey’s complete Superwalker and British Mountain Map series – totalling more than 50 maps – are both available to download now in the ViewRanger app. The maps can be used without phone signal, allowing you to see your precise location on detailed mapping in even the most remote locations.
Why choose Harvey Maps?
- Harvey Maps was founded in 1977 with a vision to create maps that include all of the features hillwalkers need, and none that they don’t.
- Special attention is given to contours, which are spaced at 15-metre intervals.
- Bright colours help distinguish rocky ground, woodland, farmland and marshland.
- Specific features such as climbing crags, Munros and Wainwrights are clearly identified.
- Any features thought to be unnecessary (such as parish boundaries) are ignored to avoid cluttering the map.
- Each map is field-checked by surveyors who are walkers themselves.
- Harvey Maps are used and trusted by UK Search & Rescue teams covering key mountainous areas such as Lochaber, Skye, Glen Coe and the Lake District.
So if you’re a fan of Harvey’s lightweight printed maps, or simply want to try out a new kind of mapping on your next outdoor adventure, download some Harvey Maps to your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch then get outside and start exploring.
Explore ViewRanger’s Harvey Superwalker collection here.
Explore ViewRanger’s Harvey British Mountain Map collection here.
Download the free ViewRanger app here.