Route search and download
You can search for and download routes in ViewRanger. The routes are provided by various providers including Walking World, the AA and Excellent Books.
To search for a route:
- Centre the map on the area you would like to start
- Go to Options > Data manager, then into Routes and choose Search for routes
- ViewRanger connects to the server and lists routes available to download near the map centre. The start points are also shown on the map.
- To see the details of a route highlight it in the list, press the cursor pad centre or bullseye button and choose Details. You'll see a description and a price.
- If you'd like to download the route then press the cursor pad centre or bullseye button and choose Download.
- Most routes are charged for, but some are free. To pay for a route buy and activate a ViewRanger OTA Token. These are £15 and give you 1000 credits, which is enough for 10 typical routes.
- You need to be using ViewRanger version 2.6 or later to search for routes.
Go to routes list,
choose Search for routes
List of routes around
map centre, route with blue
arrow already downloaded
Summary includes price
choose Download if you wish
Walking World Subscribers
Walking World subscribers can download Walking World routes for free. Please see the Walking World account set up page.