Search our directory of routes complete with descriptions, local information, and photos.
- Find routes near you, by place name, publisher, or activity
- Browse routes from all over the world; most are free to download
- Save routes onto your phone or tablet to use offline
- View route info on detailed maps
See your GPS position and follow routes on detailed maps.
- Follow on-screen directions as you go
- Get navigation alerts if you veer too far off track
- See your exact GPS location at all times
- Navigate to POIs or set coordinates
- Works offline; no mobile or data signals needed
Free maps across the globe. Plus, premium topo maps for 24 countries.
- View free street maps, terrain maps, and aerial images
- Upgrade to highly-detailed premium topo maps
- Store maps on your phone for offline use and to avoid data roaming charges
- Zoom in and out to see details more clearly than on paper maps
- Rotate maps on screen so they are easier to follow (Head-up and North-up options)
Skyline brings augmented reality to outdoor navigation
- Identify more than nine million points around the world using your phone’s camera
- Skyline labels peaks, towns, lakes, cliffs, bays, glaciers, ridgelines, and more
- Follow navigation arrows overlaid on the real landscape
- Discover waypoint information that pops up along your route
- Share your best Skyline photos on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Explore offline without mobile signal
Use the app to collect tracks and photos as you go
- Record and store all your trips on your ViewRanger account
- View stats and graphs for each adventure (distance, speed, altitude, etc)
- Add Flickr and Instagram photos as well as Twitter messages to your track
- Share with friends and family via social media or email
- Publish your best trips to share with the ViewRanger community
- Access your maps on up to 4 portable devices, as well as online at my.viewranger.com
- These 4 devices can include a mix of Android and Apple smartphones or tablets.
- If you lose your phone, you don't lose your maps
- Synchronize your tracks and routes with the my.viewranger website to store and organize them
See a full range of sports computer and performance stats.
- Customize screens to suit your activity with over 30 metrics
- Create extra screens for different sports
- View stats in numeric, graph or dial format
Plan trips, calculate mileage, and view elevation profiles.
In the mobile app:
- Search more than 120,000 routes posted by publishers, tourism leaders, and local experts.
- Filter your search results by place, people, route name, or GPS location.
- To start, launch the ViewRanger app and tap the Search icon.
On a PC or Mac:
- Search for routes on my.viewranger.com.
- Filter results by sport, length, publisher, and difficulty to find the best route for you.
- Save or buy routes to your ViewRanger account.
- Log into the ViewRanger app and view your routes under the Profile tab. Don't see any routes? Go to Settings in the app and hit Synchronize Content.
BuddyBeacon lets you share your real-time location with friends.
- Friends and family can follow you via their phone or on the web
- Add buddies and view their real-time location on your phone
- PIN protected. Handpick who sees your location.
- Link your Twitter account and send tweets with your beacon locations. Great for charity or sponsored challenges.
- View your real-time location coordinates on-screen at all times
- Mark any important location as a Point of Interest (POI)
- Find locations using speicific map coordinates
- Search for places on the map by place name
ViewRanger brings outdoor navigation to many Android Wear smart watches, including models from Casio, LG, Motorola, and Samsung.
ViewRanger is built, tested, and ready for Apple Watch.Learn more...