ViewRanger GPS is the outdoor discovery app, helping active people worldwide to plan, navigate, record, and share their outdoor adventures.
Augmentra was founded, in 2006, after positive reaction from fellow hillwalkers to some smartphone mapping software built by the founders in response to their frustration with the limitations of consumer gps and mapping tools available at the time. Since then, the company has continued to be recognized for its innovation leadership whilst combining a passion for highly functional products with delivering awesome customer service.
Our "firsts" include:
- First to create Panoramic Mapping
- First app to bring Ordnance Survey outdoor recreational mapping to a mobile phone
- First mapping and navigation app to gain Symbian Signed certification
- Developed first mobile travel guide for Automobile Association
- Developed first mobile travel guide for Ordnance Survey Ireland
The company is now an energetic team of outdoor enthusiasts aiming to build the best outdoor navigation tools that help people to explore more of the outdoors.
Along the way, we’ve been fortunate to be recognized for our technical innovation and product success.
Our awards include:
- Google Top Developer
- ISPO international award 2014/15
- App Awards winner 2012
- by Mobile App World as Best Independent App 2010
- by Discovering StartUps 2010 as Finalist and Winner
- by Ordnance Survey as Most Innovative Product in the Navigation Sector
- by Nokia as Best Location-Aware Service & Application in Nokia's S60 Global Challenge
- by numerous magazines including Trail Magazine, Outdoor Enthusiast, Cycling Plus, The Sunday Times, the Gadget Show
Working with publishers
Today, we work with national mapping agencies and cartographic publishers around the world to offer probably the largest collection of detailed topographic mapping for digital navigation. Meanwhile, our partnerships with guidebook publishers, tourism organizations, active magazines, and outdoor writers brings the highest quality walking, cycling, and other guided routes to ViewRanger users.
Who uses ViewRanger?
ViewRanger GPS is available on Apple and Android smartphones, tablets, and watches and is used and valued by consumers around the world. We’re also proud to be used and trusted by search & rescue professionals including many mountain rescue and lowland search teams.
Augmentra is headquartered in Cambridge, UK.