The ViewRanger for Schools programme delivers educational licenses to use our app as a teaching and learning tool.
Schools taking part will receive Ordnance Survey maps for the whole of Great Britain to use in conjunction with the free ViewRanger GPS navigation app.
What do participating schools get?
- 1:50,000 Landranger Ordnance Survey maps for the whole of GB
- 1:25,000 Explorer Ordnance Survey maps for the whole of GB
- 1:250,000 Road Atlas for the whole of GB
- UK Altitude data
- Optional 1:10,000 StreetView is also available
- Free annual map updates
- Free access to global open source maps
- An educational license to use ViewRanger as a teaching and learning tool for up-to 25 mobile devices per license
- 20% discount on ViewRanger maps for other countries (a full list of the counties we cover can be found here)
- Regular software updates with new features and functionality
- Enhanced technical support
Maps can be used offline without phone signal via the ViewRanger app on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets, via the my.viewranger.com route planning website.
What don't participating schools get?
Smartphones, tablets and computers. There are various education programmes in place from leading device manufactures such as Apple, Samsung, Google for educational institutions to obtain discounted devices.
Who can apply?
To qualify for this licence you must be a School or Teachers’ Training Establishment defined as:
- School = means a state, public or independent school in Great Britain which is properly authorised as a School by the Department for Education or the Scottish Executive Education Department (or their successors) and has a unique DCSF Reference Number, or its Department for Education equivalent or Scottish SEED number. European schools and further education institutions are excluded.
- Teachers’ Training Establishment = means an institution in Great Britain accredited as a provider of teacher training courses by the Training and Development Agency for Schools, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, the General Teaching Council for Scotland, or their successors.
If your organisation is not based in Great Britain, or you aren't sure whether your organisation qualifies under the license listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1223 421 356
What does a 12-month subscription cost?
- Primary schools: £149
- Secondary Schools: £249
What you agree to in return:
- To provide feedback on ViewRanger and its use within your organisation.
- That ViewRanger can reference your organisation as a partner in marketing materials and on its website.
- To supply free mapping licenses only to bona fide students and teachers of your organisation.
How to apply:
- Download and complete the License Request Form and have this form signed by an authorised officer of your organisation.
- Indicate how many software licenses you need (1 per class of up to 25 people). You can request further licenses at any time for a small fee.
If it is the first time that your organisation has requested a ViewRanger licenses, you will also need to submit an electronic copy of your organisation's logo.
- Return the form to ViewRanger:
Post: ViewRanger, Augmentra Ltd, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Rd, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK
Restrictions: Augmentra Ltd reserves the right to refuse any license request without specific reason, but particularly if it believes that licenses are being provided to non-members or that the scheme is being abused in any way. Augmentra reserves the right to terminate the Program at any time and to request that all licenses obtained by an organisation are ceased to be used.