The ViewRanger community is amazing!
Collectively you’ve walked over 202k miles (at time of writing) for #walk2016, and we’re only in March!
Here at ViewRanger, we want you to keep on walking, so we've put together a handy guide on how to keep finding new and exciting ways to help keep you on-track with your #walk2016 challenge.
- Follow in the footsteps of Julia Bradbury – Julia’s set out to find the most stunning walks in the UK, so why not download the routes from her new ITV1 show, Best Walks with a View with Julia Bradbury and see them for yourself! Download Julia's walks here.
- Treat yourself to some new gear! The ViewRanger online store is full of items to help you complete the #walk2016 challenge. Click here to check it out.
- Got children? Turn each walk into an adventure filled with activities and challenges to help those miles pass right by. If you’ve got a buggy or need easy-terrain for those with low-mobility, try our Walking with Wheels routes. Plus take a break with a picnic pit stop!
- How about a #walk2016 holiday? ViewRanger is global – we have maps for over 20 countries and they’re ready for you to explore and share your routes! Click here to check out the full list of countries.
- Why not flex your photography skills? With ViewRanger on your smartphone, a camera is only a few taps away, so take some shots and add them to your track, or share them on social media and tag your posts with @viewranger or #ViewRanger! (Need some photographic inspiration? Click here to check out mountain photographer Paul Brett, who uses ViewRanger on all his hikes)
- Explore new cities! We’re huge fans of the countryside, but we also love urban areas, and our users have shared routes for every city in the UK, meaning you don’t have to go far to find a fantastic new walk. Click here to search our map for routes.
- Get inspiration from our brand ambassador, adventurer and all round sports fanatic Hetty Key as she takes on the UK! Click here to keep up to date with all her adventures.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to be kept updated with new walks, fresh ideas and ways of completing the #walk2016 challenge!
- Hear it from someone who helped inspire our #walk2016 challenge, and take inspiration from his story. Click here to read it.
- Try a completely new route from one of our ever-growing list of publishing partners! Here’s a selection for you to check out:
Have you got any tips for staying motivated? Share them in the comments below, or tweet us @ViewRanger and help motivate others to hit their #walk2016 goal!