You can check the version of ViewRanger installed on your phone by going to Options > About. For S60 2nd edition phones the recommended version is 2.0.16 and for 3rd edition phones the recommended version is 2.1.3, but see below for the optional changes and updates available.
If you would like a copy of a new ViewRanger version, please send a brief e-mail, stating your phone model, to email@example.com. Please use or state the e-mail address you used when you registered your copy of ViewRanger.
S60 2nd Edition Phones
E.g. 6630, 6680, N70, N90
The recommended ViewRanger version for 2nd edition phones is 2.0.16. It contains the folllowing changes:
- Image submission improved, better scaling and more reliable
- Deleting points in routes during navigation safe
- Cache folder changed so that thumbnails do not show up in the gallery
- Early 2nd edition phones such as 3230 now supported
- GPS improvements to support specific GPS units
- Optional GPS logging
Three other versions are available, which you only need if you are affected by the problem they solve:
GPS configuration to ensure correct NMEA is output. Only needed if you have a problem with GPS location or satellites display.
Accessing ViewRanger server using O2 via certain access points.
Display of lists on N70/N90 when the current theme uses white text.
S60 3rd Edition Phones
E.g. 3250, N80, N91
The recommended ViewRanger version for 3nd edition phones is 2.1.3. The changes it contains compared to earlier versions are:
- GPS improvements to support specific GPS devices
- Deleting points in routes during navigation is safe
- Blank areas in manual location panel have been eliminated.
Update 25 Aug 06: Versions 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 of ViewRanger contained changes to workround a problem in the N80 firmware, see a later post for details of this.
If you have any questions about ViewRanger, please don't hesitate to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org