We've posted a new update this morning with the following changes:
Distance To & Details on Selected POI
POI Details added to Display sub menu and to Marker List menu. This gives a panel showing:
1. Name of POI
2. Classification of POI
3. If a hill, distance to its highest visible point
4. If town, water or wood, distance to its closest point (or an indication that you are within it)
5. If a point, distance to it
6. If a point, its coordinates
We'll probably look at moving this option to somewhere more convenient prior to product release. Thanks to Tony @ OS for suggesting this one!
Bookmarks - Remember and Revisit Your Favorite Places
Add Bookmark added to GPS & Location menu - adds a bookmark at current location, prompting for name. Uses current containing POI, if any, as default name.
Bookmark List added to GPS and Location menu, which shows Bookmark panel.
Options to Delete and Rename bookmarks
Option to add bookmark using current location
Option to manually enter coordinates for bookmark
Option to go to a bookmark - closes bookmark list and moves view location to bookmark location
Pressing OK button does a goto
Details - gives name, coordinates and time/date of bookmark entry
Exaggeration control added to Settings - controls vertical stretch of terrain, 1.0 is no stretch, 2.0 is twice as high etc. Can be useful to apply exaggeration when in a relatively flat area of landscape.
Imperial & Metric Units
ViewRanger now supports imperial as well as metric units for distance and height. Units type added to Settings - imperial versus metric (note, must Save Changes and reopen Settings panel before other settings use the new units)
* Warning given if no data found at start up
* Warning given if you move to a location with no data
* New splash screen
* Pogress panel no longer appears over version / status panels
* Go to GPS location always updates screen